Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Something new...


Astute readers probably picked up on the fact that there's a new crew member on the good ship Ragnar. Admittedly it's a little confusing, especially when I refer to them as Ragnarsons Older and Younger, since they look exactly a like. Apparently Manimal's and my genes only combine in one way. New baby wears all of Ragnarson's hand-me-downs, as well, and both of his parents have had to ask if a certain baby picture is of the former or the later. Mostly we are able to tell them apart because one of them is running around, screaming at the top of his lungs, causing as much mayhem as possible, and the other is quietly nursing, sleeping or (when he's feeling really wild) eliminating. My sons could not possibly have more different temperments.
For the first month of his life, Ragnarson the Newest could be seen hanging out in this basket, usually on the kitchen counter, mostly sleeping. This terrified me at first. After raising Ragnarson, I felt that "Sleeping like a Baby" was some sort of cruel and ironic joke, thought up by the same people who wrote things like "many babies are soothed by rides in the car." Turns out, though, that some small humans are able to maintain a restful state for hours at a time, and I am thankful daily that mine is one of them.

Ragnarbaby is so chill in fact that I find myself "losing" him and having moments of intense panic when I can't remember where I left him. The answer so far has been "upstairs in bed," "in his swing," "with his sister," and once, notably "in my arms." Hopefully it will never be "at the library," or "at the checkout counter at the grocery store."

Ragnar...mother of two (sometimes three)

PS Is anyone else not surprised that blogger works for crap with chrome? Specifically the photo editing part of blogger....sheesh.

4 comments:

Mouse said...

Does it surprise you that blogger isn't compatible? Hell half the time its not even compatible with itself!!
Ragnar the Tiny is adorable.. I'm glad that he actually sleeps. I'm not sure what that's like b/c Munchkin slept through his first night at FOUR YEARS OLD.

Ragnar said...

Oh yes, don't I know it. Pete slept for 7 hours once and I had a parade...hasn't happened since. He still wakes up twice at least, and after the first wake up he's in bed with us, so that makes FOUR humans in a queen sized bed. It doesn't matter that one of them only weighs 15 pounds.

mette said...

Hi ... I am looking for a baby basket like the one you have ...Do you know where I can get such one...cute baby by the way...congratulation...

Ragnar said...

They're called "moses baskets," once you use that phrase they shouldn't be too hard to find. Here's a link from target's website http://www.target.com/s/178-8813047-8832267?_encoding=UTF8&LID=4312348&search-alias=tgt-index&keywords=moses%20basket%20baby&searchSize=30&ref=tgt_adv_XSGT0213&searchView=grid5&searchNodeID=1038576&AFID=google&searchPage=1&searchRank=target104545&LNM=baby_basket_moses