Saturday, May 03, 2008

F is for....

Fiber art...or "fucked, if I don't finish this fiber art in time for the East Lansing Art Festival on May 17th."

I don't think of this blog as a "knitting" blog per se, but rather as a "humorous reflections on life," blog. Sort of like if Erma Brombeck and Dave Barry had a child and she was a pirate with a potty mouth who thought she was funnier than she really is, kinda sorta thing. If it's been awhile and I haven't had anything funny to write about, I put up a knitting post. Lately it's just been me barely scrapping by in the world of ABC along...and I'm going to do something about that really I am, 'cause it's lame damn it, and this here is the year of gooder blogging so that just won't fly.

I have done a few quilt posts in the past, but for some reason I have this feeling that my bleaders just aren't interested in quilting. Which is silly for several reasons, the first of which being the supposition that I actually have bleaders, the second being that I know most of the people who read my blog (hi Jiggy, hi Dr. Vic, hi Lavendurgle, hi, Layne, hi Nancy, hi Sarah, hi Diane) and they've never given me any indication that they wouldn't be interested in quilting.

So if you're coming along for the ride, you can expect a few more posts like this:

What have I been doing that's keeping me away from the blog? I've been chasing Ragnarson around the house in a semi crouched over position, and prying various choking hazards out of his mouth, and I've been "working." Working means driving over to pick up the babysitter, driving over to the studio and spending at most three or four hours dividing my time between co-wrangling the baby, and trying like hell to put together a few new pieces in time for the first art show of the season so that it's not painfully obvious that I'm showing pretty much exactly the same stuff that I was showing last year...

Last time I picked out some fabric:
And sewed some of it together:
Yeah: doesn't really look like three hours work does it? Have to step up the pace a bit. Thankfully Ragnarson seems to be over his teething at least for the moment, so at least he's in a pretty good mood.

Ragnar...baby wrangler

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know anything about making quilts, but I certainly like looking at quilts...especially pretty ones like that.

Mouse said...

Same here.. though I have done some simple piecing and made some quilted potholders for the kitchen that would probably make a real quilter pee with laughter if I showed them.

celticjig said...

As long as you don't blog about paint drying, or cement.....

tracy_a said...

how cool. I've never really looked at how art quilts are made.

Hey, where will your booth be?

Andi said...

OMG - it's fabulous. I wish I lived closer...thanks for sharing. And since I'm a bit ahead of you on the baby-chasing curve, I'll comfort you with the fact that my 20-month old actually amuses herself for about 20 minutes every night! That's quality knitting time in my world ;-)

Anonymous said...

Yeah I concur. I can't quilt or sew to save my life (although I'm pretty good at sutures so if you ever need those let me know) but I like to look at pictures that are all colorful and pleasing to the eye.

Keep on wranglin' Ragnar! Oh and btw that previous post with Ragnarson's pic? Dude massive blackmail material for the future when he's going on those 1st dates! LOL.

Anonymous said...

Hey - just thought I'd swing by and wish you a Happy Mother's Day Ragnar! Hope you enjoyed your day!