Monday, November 26, 2007

Etcetera

Because Mondays are the new random.

1. Car trip, we survived. In response to Granny's query of: "did he ride in his car seat the whole time?" "Yes of course he did, it's illegal and dangerous to ride in a car with an unrestrained infant, besides no baby on earth can nurse for six hours straight." Ha.

B. Free to pee, you and me. You get very strange looks from other rest stoppers when you take your baby into the toilet stall with you and make "pss" noises at him. Also you get rather snide comments from step-great-grandmothers, "let me know how that works out for you." Petoh's granny (my mum) on the other hand: "That is so cool. Grandpa, look at Ragnarson's little potty, isn't that cute?" So far our catch rate is hovering around 50%...this is good as we begin week two.

13. Ravelry, I am in. You can find me under Ragnar. I immediately joined all the groups having to do with skulls.

F. It is snowing.

11b. You can get a lot of knitting done while your extended family is holding your baby.

* I am thankful that Thanksgiving comes but once a year. Two roast turkeys, two fried turkeys, one fried goose, 20 pounds of mashed potatoes, and we lost track around 50 people.

H. We decided to cloth diaper while we were on the road. I admit that this was partially my stubbornness in wanting to demonstrate to my republican family that I am even more of a crunchy freak than they thought I was...result being that I am almost out of diapers, but satisfying to note that it wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be. Really the only difference was carrying the dirties with us.

3. Ragnarson's grandpapa knit him a very cute soaker with a matching hat. Also a pair of booties using Cat Bordhi's new sock book...they miraculously stay on his feet. I will try to post a picture.

p). Sleeping in your own bed, priceless.

Ragnar...home again, home again.

2 comments:

Mouse said...

I friended you on Ravelry and invited you to two more groups with skulls that you missed.. lol.

Anonymous said...

I too have been meaning to join Ravelry ever since I sent you that link!
I need help understanding the peeing thing for Ragnarson - did he pee in the toilet or you or both?